We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy so any personal
information you give us will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act
1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR] (effective from 25th May 2018)
This policy covers all data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly or indirectly. This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via our website or from any 3rd parties.
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. We do not share or sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
How we use information that we collected about you?
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you fill out a form on our website, or communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, photos, choices of interests and groups, and any other information that you choose to provide. Information about your gender and interests is optional. The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Website
When visiting our website, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect data about your use of our website and services. The data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. This usage data is processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services. You may at any time decline the collection and storage of data by Google Analytics by using the tools available at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
1.3 Information You Provided When You Make A Payment On Our Website
When you are purchasing a product or making an appointment for your spa treatment, you provide information including your contact details, your card details and transaction details via a highly trusted payment gateway (Optimum payment) and shopping cart services to process your payment. No credit card is ever directly collected by Body and Mind Massage via their online bill payment form. We may process your contact and transaction details for the purpose of delivering the purchased products and services, and keeping proper records of these transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to track how you use our website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- to keep you signed in our site
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
Disclosure and sharing of your information
We do not share or sell your personal information to third parties for any purposes.
Access to your own information
- Access to your personal information
- At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website.
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at [email protected]
- After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
- Removal of your information
- If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at [email protected].
- This may limit the service we can provide to you.
- Verification of your information
- When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action.
- This is important to safeguard your information.
- Retention period for personal data
- Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court
Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us using any of the contact details available on this website.